Our Mission is to foster unity and to educate our Indo-American members, about the internal structure of PEF and the community at large. Indo-Americans in PEF will have a vehicle to express and resolve issues confronting Indo-Americans in the New York State work force.
The general membership of PEF will benefit from the work of Indo-American members turned into-activists and from having accessibility to culturally diverse resources within our Union. To accomplish our mission we plan to unitlize the grassroots efforts of Indo-Americans through networking, lobbying, mobilizing and contract negotiations.
The purpose of this organization is to increase the awareness of our common interests. We hope to add new members so we will be able to grow and expand. We also want to have fun while when we are together and working on projects. By developing relationships and friendships, the organization will become even stronger.
1. The Indo-American Committee will serve as a bridge to introduce and educate Indo-American members into PEF activities.
2. The Indo-American Committee will advise the Convention and the officers of PEF on employer and/or internal policies and practices impeding equal opportunity for PEF members including but no limited to Indo-Americans.
3. The Indo-American Committee will work to expand the infulence of PEF by building coalitions with nationwide Labor and community organizations.
4. The Indo-American Committee will lobby the Legislative representatives on issues of importance to PEF. Committee members will intensively campaign for the recognition of Indo-American electoral power within the New York State and in the USA.
5. The Indo-American Committee will educate the public at large concerning the importance of voter registration and participation in the election.
6. The Indo-American Committee will monitor the employment practices of the State of New York for the purposes of detecting and exposing discriminatory patterns and/or practices with respect to hiring, dismissing, promoting or transferring employees within the P.S & T bargaining unit.
7. The Indo-American Committee will promote the unique welfare of Indo-American P.S & T Employees of the State of New York and to improve their conditions by: